Re: Localization method of $1

On Sun, Jan 16, 2000 at 02:02:34PM -0800, Peter Scott wrote:
> >The real implementation is not via tie(), but via a different type of
> >magic.  And access is not via $$dollar1, but via calculations over
> >non-SV storage, so it cannot be completely expressed via Perl syntax.
> >But I hope you got the feeling...
>
> I get the feeling :-)  Thanks.
>
> Is it documented, or is there a list somewhere, of what variables aside
> from $1, $2,..., if any,  enjoy this kind of behavior?

*What* can be documented here?  Remember, it is not documented (IIRC) that

  $r1 = \$a;
  local $a;
  $r2 = \$a;

gives different $r1 and $r2.  My feeling is that it is better to leave
such details undocumented.  Use 'my' if you want to create a reference
to something new.

Ilya

References to:
Peter Scott <Peter@PSDT.com>