[ID 20000114.003] Perl Help

Hello,

I am new to Perl and have just started learing it. I have a Win NT v3.5
based PC. I do not have Unix. Please let me know:
1. Where to write the Perl Program code? Can I use NotePad?
2. How do I compile and run the program i.e run the Perl script.
   What do i use? Can I do it on the DOS prompt like I do for Java as
   I have downloaded JDK from the web.

Please help,
Vivek Iyer.