I was deciding whether or not to include perl5-porters on this email, but
finally decided what the heck, considering that it is possible that some
confusion was created for perl5-porters people. Hopefully people who don't
care about Mail-FollowUp-To: won't have even looked at this email... :-)

-----

I followed this up to decide what exactly is wrong, including knocking on
the doors of the mutt developers and this is what point I've reached.

recipient list in a mailer. You should not be using the first element
as some sort of "From" address for your text of "On blah <person> wrote:"

In mutt, you mark certain email addresses as "lists." Because I've
marked perl5-ports as such a "list", mutt is not including my email
address in the Mail-FollowUp-To: for the quite proper reason that
the Mail-FollowUp-To: line it is generating includes a list to which
I belong. Inserting my name in there would only make this big huge
To:/Cc: list that keeps getting bigger and bigger, meaning that I'll
get two copies of every email from email clients that don't use

Summary... you are using Mail-FollowUp-To: quite incorrectly, and mutt
is behaving quite *properly*.

Now as a side note, I've started up a little argument with them about
the exact specifics of this behaviour, suggesting certain situations
where this behaviour would be unexpected and illogical, but they mostly
involve situations where I am responding to an article cross-posted
to several lists, not all of which I belong to.

In summary, don't complain about my headers. According to all the
standards available, they are quite correct and it is you who are
abusing them for your own purposes.

mark

--
markm@nortelnetworks.com/mark@mielke.cc/markm@ncf.ca __________________________